Senior Account Manager – Social Media Agency, London
- £30K - £35K +
- Well known Social Agency
- 29 Sep 2021
The truly creative, slightly obsessive, naturally sociable social media agency…
…is looking for a new Senior Account Manager to join the fold
Our client is looking for an ambitious senior account manager to join its social media-obsessed team. As a small, vibrant agency (with a huge personality) that specialises in everything social media related, this is a very exciting opportunity to step up, develop your career and show the team what you’re made of.
From handling content strategies to setting up Facebook ads and taking over the agency Instagram Stories with polls about whether IGTV is better than Periscope (hint: it most certainly is), or if Starbucks beats Pret, there’s plenty of opportunity to be creative and most importantly, work hard.
You’ll be working on a range of clients including London-based restaurant chains, glamorous fashion brands, global hotel groups and government initiatives. As long as you can juggle many plates, get stuck in and be a bit of a social chameleon, you’ll fit right in!
Oh and initiative is paramount. If you are the type of person who has already tweeted five times before even getting to the office because you need to be one of the first to jump on a trending topic, then you’re the wo(man) for the job!
You will be working alongside our team to create the following:
- As SAM you will be in charge of overseeing the day-to-day management of an exciting and varied range of client accounts so an appreciation for varying business objectives, target audiences and brand approaches is absolutely key
- Overseeing a team of 2-3 juniors, you will be able to lead with ease and establish processes as you see fit; they will report in to you and you will report in to the MD, however, as a small agency, there will be some crossover from time to time and, particularly around event and campaign times, it is ‘all hands on deck’!
- Client liaison: You will be confident in handling clients, listening to their needs and responding with well informed, precise responses – you are the social media expert and they are looking to you to lead them
- Content Calendars: Being responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content calendars to achieve our business goals by ensuring timelines are kept on track. Optimisation is absolutely key and something you’ll naturally to take into consideration; you can produce a content calendar blindfolded
- Campaigns and marketing strategy: the Senior Account Manager will manage the planning of marketing / communications campaigns and pull in the right tactics and creative ideas to meet our clients’ objectives and activities
- Social media content planning and creation: Planning and writing posts across all social channels will be a large part of your job so copywriting and sensibility around true tone of voice is something we can’t compromise on – grammar nazis welcome!: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and more plus the occasional blog article, newsletters and material for wider marketing channels
- Content creation: You will oversee the creation of design assets, often work with a designer by providing clear briefs and managing deliverables; a creative eye (specifically for social) is a bonus and experience with programmes such as Photoshop/Illustrator/Premier are a double bonus but not essential
- Ads management: If you know how to run a Facebook ad campaign like the back of your hand, we want you! A major essential for the candidate is to be able to run ad campaigns from producing the strategy to the execution to the reporting; we want to see you be able to merge an analytical approach with a human approach; how do you provide learnings and recommendations from an ad campaign to give the client solid direction on where we’re taking the next ad campaign? Can you offer this with confidence and clarity?
- Engagement: Maintaining brand tone of voice when organically reaching out to audiences is essential and understanding how to implement engagement strategies (and advise what these may be to clients) must be delivered with consistency and absolute confidence
- Audience and community growth: Producing strategies for audience growth will be one of your responsibilities and oversee juniors on executing this will land on you! For a lot of brands, numbers is everything so creating, managing and growing presence through growth hacking amongst other methods will be part of your remit
- Influencers: we do a little bit with influencers and we want to do more! We’re excited to see what you can bring to the table here in terms of your contacts, experience and strategies for collaboration, content sharing and measurement
- The proof is in the pudding! Don’t be afraid show clients why they chose to work with the agency. You will establish a process to ensure reports to clients are consistently impressive; we’d love to see you continually finding ways to improve on those metrics through testing new approaches and formats.
Skills / Your approach:
- Experience working across all channels: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, some LinkedIn is a plus and longer form blog writing will also be received well
- Displaying a proactive approach to everything; we want you to contribute vocally (when appropriate!) to all aspects of office life at agency and show as much initiative as possible – ideas are always welcome, actions are even more so
- Showing intuition for client needs and opportunities to extend our services: always ensure you are developing an understanding of the clients and their target markets, tailoring campaign plans to suit their audiences and marketing objectives
- Vision: To be forwarding thinking and seeking new opportunities that will benefit the business as a whole and is able to seek out new ideas by embracing the core values of agency
- Ability to format presentations and structure emails clearly: Sounds obvious but apparently for many, it isn’t…
- Analytics: tracking and reporting using a range of software; some programmes that we use include Sprout Social, Audiense, Google Analytics and other measurement tools
- Producing case studies – Analysing existing/previous client’s success and being able to formulate a case study
- Account management: Running timelines for campaigns, liaising with the clients directly, keeping everything on track and everyone informed… at our client, our clients see us an extension of their teams – make them love you
- Organisation: Making sure you’re able to manage multiple clients and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment; remain calm whilst working under pressure
Additional details and ancan be found below.
Please complete the form below to apply for this job. If it’s not quite for you, you can browse other jobs.
All personal data is processed electronically for the purpose of managing your candidate experience. Click here to access our full data protection policy. You are entitled to access, correct and delete personal data which relates to you, and to object to the processing of your personal data. To exercise these rights, please write to the following address: Jackson Rose Recruitment Solutions Ltd, Unit 7, The Hub, Station Road, Henley on Thames, Berks, RG9 1AY or contact us.