Head of PR / Head of Media Relations, Southern Home Counties
- £60K + Excellent Package
- Southern Home Counties
- Large Automotive Brand
- 29 Oct 2015
Head of PR / Head of Media Relations
A fantastic opportunity for an automotive PR Manager to join a highly successful automotive manufacturer of passenger cars. Reporting to the Head of PR, you will be the dedicated product/corporate PR manager handling day-to-day PR within the automotive industry – proactively seeking all opportunities to maintain and grow momentum for the brand within the automotive media world.
You will be the main point of contact for product communications to the media (automotive, trade & fleet), working with your existing media contacts and continually building new contacts. You will create press materials and resources as well as ensuring the press fleet is used to maximum effect. You will create and implement PR initiatives, which support new product launches and maintain interest for existing product line-up for both retail and fleet sales. Naturally, you will need to keep up to date with current affairs, especially those involving the motor industry, and identify areas of opportunity and threat for the manufacturer.
On the corporate side, you will have responsibility for preparing briefing materials and company statements relating to industry issues – working with Head of PR. You will be involved in crisis management and maintaining and enhancing the reputation of the manufacturer within the industry through verbal and written communications.
Additional details and ancan be seen below.
The Successful Candidate will have:
Have a strong and demonstrable background working in an Automotive PR.
• Have a strong technical & product knowledge for passenger cars
• Good existing relationships within the automotive industry and media
• Demonstrate the ability to build strong relationships with the media
• Excellent writing abilities
• Flexible approach to working hours
• Have a can-do attitude and the ability to find solutions to challenges.
• A good Strategic mind set.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Well developed news sense
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in writing and orally
To apply for this job, please complete the form below. If it’s not quite for you, you can browse other jobs.