Category Manager – Luxury Brand, Cardiff
- £45K - £55K +
- Luxury Brand
- 12 Nov 2019
MAJOR GLOBAL LUXURY RETAILER SEEKS CATEGORY MANAGER / PRODUCT MANAGER FOR GROWING DIVISION- LUXURY GIFTING
CAN YOU MAKE A SUCCESS EVEN MORE SUCCESSFUL?
My Client is a major luxury global retailer based in the UK. As they look to expand and improve their retail offering ,they are now looking to employ a dynamic and ambitious category manager who can help them drive towards being the best retailer in this category in the world.
You will be managing a small team and be looking after a multi £M turnover category.
Additional details and ancan be found below.
3-5 years of work experience in category management / product management
Experience of working within the luxury retail sector with a preference within the Watch and Jewellery sector.
- Own the Gifting product roadmap for the Gifting business focussing specifically on Fine Jewellery and Premium Giftware products
- Accountable for the overall product pricing strategy for the Gifting business and product P&L
- Develop, deliver and implement the product strategy for internal manufacturing, working closely with NPD teams to accurately interpret design’s vision
- Build products from existing ideas and develop new ideas and products to support the Gifting business and overall brand value proposition, enhancing the brand
- Develop a thorough understanding of the marketplace, competitors, target audiences/personas and ensure alignment of product strategy
- Work collaboratively with other product teams to find innovative ways to present cross-sell journeys
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by utilising market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers
- Be both business and market savvy to drive a solution set across the business through market requirements, product development, and positioning
- Own the product specification and ensure it is presented correctly through all aspects of the product and collateral
- Work closely with various stakeholders from around the business including: Insights, Marketing, Comms & PR teams to ensure a cohesive plan to support the Gifting business
Deliver and communicate to relevant stakeholders short and long-term financial and managerial reporting as required
Excellent negotiation and business development skills
Good communication and mobilization skills
A good team leader,supporting and encouraging team members to perform well, across multiple locations
Understands what drives high performance teams
Analytical Problem Solving
Project Management expertise
Fluent in English, Other languages would be considered an asset
Participate in development and execute the Category Strategy as defined by the Global Category Management Head
Focus on Supplier Relations
Build relationship with global suppliers through joint initiatives and brand plans and ensuring regular, structured interfaces with suppliers
Ensure growth in sales and margin, adjusting margin and price policies, improving product assortment and promotions (where needed) through the team of managers
Utilize comprehensive business and market research for specialized categories to identify opportunities that may drive changes in business strategy
Define and validate layout of shops and coordinate layout and merchandizing needs
Continuously work to develop new business opportunities
Follow-up and Governance
Drive and continuously improve category best practices through concrete follow-up and reporting
Responsible for reporting – Sub-category strategy progress, Price and Margin deviations, Promotions and Assortment KPIs – for the related categories to the Global Category Management Head Management, Leadership and HR
Lead and develop the team of Global Category Management Brand Managers
Specific responsibilities as required by direct manager
To apply for this job, please complete the form below. If it’s not quite for you, you can browse other jobs.
All personal data is processed electronically for the purpose of managing your candidate experience. Click here to access our full data protection policy. You are entitled to access, correct and delete personal data which relates to you, and to object to the processing of your personal data. To exercise these rights, please write to the following address: Jackson Rose Recruitment Solutions Ltd, Unit 7, The Hub, Station Road, Henley on Thames, Berks, RG9 1AY or contact us.