Business Development Executive – Leading Law Firm – (Mat Cover), Edinburgh
- Up to £30K + Benefits
- Leading UK Law Firm
- 10 Mar 2016
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Business Development Executive to join an award winning UK law firm at their HQ in Edinburgh on a mat cover basis. With offices in Edinburgh, London, Glasgow and Aberdeen, they specialise in commercial law and provide legal advice to public sector and private clients within a variety of markets such as Finance & Banking, Pharma and Food & Drink.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager the Business Development Executive will be responsible for supporting the strategic growth and implementation of business development activity for lawyers across a number of the firms’ sectors.
Excellent pension scheme, 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and health insurance
Additional details and ancan be seen below.
- Plan and develop strategic BD activity
- Research, analyse and train colleagues throughout BD planning process
- Support lawyers in focusing, structuring and implementing their sales activities
- Develop and preserve an excellent knowledge of respective markets including business trends and competitor analysis
- Identify potential leads, monitor BD activity and ensure networking opportunities are maximised
- Assist in training and ongoing development of lawyers BD knowledge
- Support lawyers in preparation for BD presentations to include assisting with background research, pitch and supporting literature and to follow-up on outcomes
- Occasional travel to the firm’s Glasgow and London offices will be required
The successful Business Development Executive will have the following:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a business development or marketing role
- CIM qualified (full or partial)
- Excellent communicator (written & oral) with strong organisational skills
- Ability to plan strategically with strong attention to detail
- Good understanding of MS office packages and experience using CRM system
- Legal sector experience (desirable)
Educated to degree level
To apply for this job, please complete the form below. If it’s not quite for you, you can browse other jobs.